Do you need to refresh your existing skills to ensure you are completely up-to-date with AICPA standards and DOL rules and regulations? Or do you want to advance your career with a deeper understanding of auditing employee benefit plans? This course can increase your comfort level with understanding these types of specialized audits.
This course will explore the accounting and auditing requirements unique to employee benefit plans and give you a thorough understanding of requirements and audit procedures related to defined contribution, defined benefit, and health and welfare plans to help you more effectively plan and carry out your audit.
The course covers:
- Plan types including 401(k), defined contribution, defined benefit, health and welfare, and employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs)
- GAAP and ERISA reporting requirements
- Recent developments
- Filing and audit requirements
- Planning the audit and assessment of risks
- Prohibited transactions
- Overview of tax compliance
- Internal controls unique to employee benefit plans
Make sure your skills are up to date in this specialized audit area with this targeted course that will help you prepare for the exam. The course is available as a self-study course, on-site training program, or through a live seminar offered by the state CPA societies. Select one of the options below to learn more.